Sunday, May 20, 2007

Icefest

Germans like ice-cream. In fact, like is probably not a strong enough word. They love ice-cream! There are Eiscafés all over the place here. Eiscafés, usually have an unimpressive and unassuming exterior. It’s the interior and the menus completely dedicated to sundaes, ice-creams and sorbets of all types and flavours that are beyond impressive.

These places have everything from exotic and elaborate tropical fruit sundaes to rich and creamy milkshakes and smoothies. It’s a dairy-intolerant person’s (eg. Pépé) nightmare!

Just in 1 block of our local main street in Sachsenhausen, I can count about 3 Eiscafés! Anyway, the good weather has been an excuse for some dairy indulgence for me!

6 comments:

DestinationMetz said...

Hi there, I just found your blog. I'm also from Melbourne. I'm moving to France but not Paris, to Metz. Anyway, I just thought I'd introduce myself! I look forward to reading!

matthew said...

Hi destinationmetz,
i am staying here in melbourne, cause i LOVE it and also cause i am broke and can't afford to travel... hehehe..
i just wanted to let you know the same BLOG person who does 'clour me crazy' alos has a great food BLOG called 'wokandspoon' which as great resturant tips and recipies hehehe enjoy i know i do... and often water at the mouth :-)

DestinationMetz said...

hi matthew, where abouts in melbourne do you live? I'm in West Brunswick but going back to the Dandenong Ranges soonish to save some money before leaving.

ColourMeCrazy said...

Hi DestinationMetz, thanks for dropping by. Metz should be fun - it's nice out there.
ps. You can stop by Matt's blog as well - I've linked him under "Around the World"

Matt: You need to find yourself a SugarDaddy or SugarMummy (why limit yourself?)! hehe!

IslandGirl4Ever2 said...

HOLY COW!!! Looks so good I am hungry now..
At a Lebonese restaurant down the street from us.. I had rose, pistache and ancha ice creams... OMG!!! I wonder if the have stone slab ice cream there in Germany like in California. Look up Cold Stone Ice Cream on google.. It is good!!!!
Take care and have a happy HUMP day...
Ciao, Leesa

ColourMeCrazy said...

Islandgirl: I just googled the cold stone ice-cream and YUM! Too bad we don't have anything like this here!