Sunday, May 27, 2007

Fokk me

I had to hop over to Paris last Monday and managed to get a last minute Air France flight.

The aircraft however, wasn’t an Airbus (as Air France flights usually are) nor a Boeing, but a Fokker.

A Fokker 100 that is.

An excerpt of a phone call between myself and Pépé:

Me: I flew on a Fokker today. I’ve never heard of the Fokker.
Pépé: I have. Was it a big Fokker?
Me: Not really, more like a small and old Fokker.
Pépé: You know, those Fokkers have been around for a while now.

Why would you call a plane a Fokker?

9 comments:

IslandGirl4Ever2 said...

Hehe... Like about and Costello's, "Who's on First? bit!! Reminds me somehow of "Meet the Fokkers."
Did you see that film?? Have a nice day....- Leesa

Antipodeesse said...

Fok me, I didn't think they still made those planes!

Makes for an interesting ride, doesn't it?!!

DestinationMetz said...

haha LOL

ColourMeCrazy said...

Islandgirl: Yep - I saw that film and had a good laugh! Ben Stiller's so funny.

Antipo: The plane was OLD OLD OLD. They probably don't make them anymore. This one looked like it was from the 70s!

Destinationmetz: You think it's funny now - wait till you get here and have to ride in one! ;-)

The Late Bloomer said...

Hilarious story... I love it -- who knew how many awkward names there were out there like that?

Emily said...

So is Fokker even still around to make planes?!

ColourMeCrazy said...

LB: Yep - I think it was actually named after someone...poor guy.

Emily: No idea but if they are, I hope they've changed the name!

J.T. said...

Hello ColourMeCrazy
I hopped over from Jamy Tan's Seay's Kopitiam to yours.
I like your wit about Fokkers. :)

ColourMeCrazy said...

Hi JT, thanks for stopping by!