Friday, February 16, 2007

C’est la fin

It was my last day at work today. I decided to leave work 1 month early so that I could start sorting out our stuff and most importantly, find a decent company to ship our stuff back to Australia. Plus, I figured, 1 month would give me enough time to enjoy the last part of our stay in Paris.

Having worked crazy hours (ie. Leaving at 7:30am and getting home at 8pm) for the past 2 years, this month would give me time to do all the things that I could never do outside the weekend, and without the usual Paris crowd crush.

For example, I could go shopping during the week without having the usual long Saturday queues for the changing rooms. I could do our grocery shopping without having to battle for space in the narrow aisles. I could visit museums and actually take my time instead of having to move along quickly because the family of 5 kids behind me were breathing down my neck...though I’m not so sure about that last one seeing as school holidays just started!

On the down side, I’m going to miss the camaraderie of my colleagues and generally, just being part of a team. Plus, I was never one to be a stay-at-home-house-wife. I can see myself enjoying the first day, and then slowly but surely, going crazy due to the lack of extreme work stress. I know, I complain a lot about being stressed out and never having enough time due to my work, but when I’m not totally stressed out, I’m bored.

Either way, this is only the beginning and despite all my complaining about work, I’m definitely going to miss it.

So, the mood for today: I want to stay in Paris!

No comments: