Thursday, December 28, 2006

Missing Santas

Driving in the Charentes during Christmas this year, we observed a severe lack of “climbing Santas”.

While Pépé thinks the Santas are super mauvais goût and extremely tacky, I absolutely love them! They definitely add colour to a gloomy winter’s day in some little grey French village, and besides, they’re just plain cute!

Anyway, for some reason, the Santas were in abundance last year, but sightings this year were rare. Luckily there were still enough around for me to get my fill.



2 comments:

IslandGirl4Ever2 said...

HOW FUNNY!!! I got SUCH a BIG kick out of these Santas... I wish I had taken some photos, too.. Tiny multiple Santas were the funniest.. My hubby and I joked long after Christmas that Santas were still hanging out of windows... Nothing like the Christmas decorations in the US where people go ALL OUT to decorate their entire yard with lights and Christmas statues that light up... AHHHHH! Commericalism at its best!! I miss that about the US... Commercializing every single holiday and having bags of M&Ms that match the color sceme of the holiday.. and also the changing holiday themes for household goods at Target!!!

ColourMeCrazy said...

You have bags of M&Ms that match the colour scheme of holidays in the US! Cool! hehe!