Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Guilty pleasures

I’m reading this great book by Haruki Murakami at the moment and I just can’t put it down. I’ve been reading everywhere, in the rush hour metro, in the RER (suburban train), in the tram and even when I walk!

The only problem is that every now and then, there’s a hot and heavy sex scene in the book, well ok, not that hot and heavy, but hot enough to make me worry about whether there’s someone looking over my shoulder and reading what I’m reading.

So every time I hit one of those passages (there aren’t that many!), I keep nervously looking around feeling like a naughty little girl who’s doing something that she shouldn’t be doing. However at the same time, I feel like such a rebel among all the boring suits around me.

So, here’s to me reading raunchy sex excerpts while being packed in rush hour public transport!

No comments: