Wednesday, April 19, 2006

It’s my birthday and I’ll cry if I want to

Well, no it’s all not that bad.
I don’t actually mind turning another year older. You know, once you’re over 30, it’s just not much use counting anymore.

But I am feeling sorry for myself as being older, my body is breaking down and I’ve caught a nasty cold, which has developed into an even nastier cough, which has rendered my voice husky … and incredibly sexy of course.

It’s the type of cough where you get a little tickle in your throat then proceed to cough your lungs inside out with tears streaming down your face while everyone around you either:

1. Looks horrified at being physically in the same room as you, as they might be next.

2. Looks sympathetic and asks if you’re ok.
Stupid question. Of course I’m not OK. If I were, would I be trying to cough up the contents of my intestines?

3. Pretends not to notice even though you can hear me for miles and my coughing has drowned out all conversations around me.

Forget birthday festivities, I just want to curl up in my bed back in Paris and get my voice back.

No comments: