This is what I’ve come up with:
1. Once I’m actually in Geneva, it only takes me about 10 to 20 minutes to get to work.
2. Nice scenery. There are pretty snow-capped mountains all around.
3. The air is cleaner here than in Paris.
4. My boss is never here so I don’t have someone constantly looking over my shoulder.
5. I get to experience a new city and a different culture.
6. I can add Geneva to the list of cities that I’ve worked in to date.
Now that I’ve gotten that out of the way, me being me, let’s look at the dark side of the points above.
1. It takes roughly 3 hours to get to Geneva, and another 3 hours to get back. Plus, I leave home at 6:30am on Mondays and get home at 10:30pm on Fridays.
2. I prefer looking at Pépé anytime.
3. I’m used to the pollution in Paris.
4. My boss is never here, doesn’t seem to care what happens on this project, and dodges responsibility.
5. When? I’m being worked to the bone. Plus, the entire company where I’m based seems to employ only French people and few or no Swiss!
6. That list has been updated, now let’s move on back to Paris.