Sunday, December 18, 2005

Ho ho ho

Our Christmas shopping is nearly done for another year. New Year’s Resolution: Finish Christmas shopping 2006 before Easter!

How is it that some men can be so incredibly unhelpful when it comes to gift shopping? This is how Christmas shopping went yesterday:

Me: What should we get mum for Christmas? Something light to take home (Melbourne is still considered home) with us.
Pépé: I don’t know.
Me: How about a scarf.
Pépé: Sure.
Me: She likes red. Hmmm, there aren’t any nice red ones here. Let’s go over to name-of-another-department-store.
Pépé: Just get this one.
Me: It’s blue. Let’s go to name-of-another-department-store.
Pépé: Get this one.
Me: It’s green.
Pépé: Get her chocolates.

Grrrrr. The love of my life, my soul mate, the man that I feel understands me completely, seems to have a system failure and automatically shuts down when it comes to Christmas shopping.

No comments: